Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pollo Con Salsa Verde (Chicken with Green Sauce)



I made this a few weeks ago. It's one of my favorites and it's definitely on my rotation list.

It's by Bert's Kitchen Witch and I got it from recipezaar.



Ingredients:

Sometimes I don't have the green onions and/or the jalapeno in the house. Usually I just use the jarred jalopeno slices if I have it in the house.

I can usually only find green salsa at Hannaford. Market Basket doesn't always seem to carry it. The last time I looked, they had a really hot one that I didn't want.

  1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and black pepper to taste.
  2. Dredge both sides of chicken through the flour, shaking off excess.
  3. Melt the butter over med heat in a large heavy bottomed pot.
  4. Add the chicken and cook over med-high heat turning once, until both sides are well browned, but chicken is not quite cooked through (about 6-7 minutes per side).
  5. Remove chicken from the pot and keep warm.
  6. Pour the chicken broth into the pot and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
  7. Place the green salsa, garlic, jalapeƱo, cilantro, and cumin into the pot; bring to a boil.
  8. Just as the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to obtain a slow simmer. Add the chicken breasts back into the sauce and spoon sauce over each piece of chicken.
  9. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and tender (about 15 minutes).
  10. Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if desired.
  11. Place chicken on a serving platter and spoon sauce over each piece.
  12. Top each piece of chicken with a heaping tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle some chopped green onion over the sour cream.
Served over rice is the best.

Recipe also found here: Pollo Con Salsa Verde

I do have one confession. When I made this a few weeks ago, I think I cup up some tomatoes I needed to use. I can see I added something in the picture, and I can't quite remember LOL. As long as you stick to most of the ingredients, subtracting a few or adding a few isn't going to hurt the recipe. The green salsa is KEY!!!. Oh and sourcream in the end is always a nice touch to the taste. : )

I'm not going to tonight, but debating on posting a Turkey Meatloaf I made the other day. It was very actually very good, but wasn't sure if it was oh so good post worthy. I'm still thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment