Thursday, February 4, 2010

Red Curry Sauce

Once again, I'll have to update with pictures at a later time. I do want to continue sharing my favorite recipes, even if don't have pictures of them. : )

This is great. I usually make a stir fry and pour it over the stir fry. Served with rice is always good too. I've made this a bunch of time too. I also have to find the original source that I found this recipe. I found it awhile ago. I was very excited when I first made it, because it really reminds of a sauce I've had at a Thai Restaurant in Salem that I used to go to.

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minched, peeled ginger root
1 teaspoon coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 1/4 cups of coconut milk
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar

Instructions:
1. heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Saute the garlic and ginger for several minutes, than remove from heat and add the coriander seeds, cumin, paprika, curry paste and cook over low heat for 2 minutes to release oils, stirring constantly.
3. Do not let it burn.
4. Add the coconut milk, tomato paste, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
5. Increase the heat and bring the mixture to ALMOST a boil, stirring constantly. Be careful and don't let it boil or it will separate. Remove from heat and keep warm, or reheat it very gently when ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment