Monday, September 14, 2009

Pork Roast for Two

Before I found this and even after I found it, I would continue to try different methods of cooking a pork roast, including on the stove in my dutch oven. However, I keep on going back to Jessica's recipe over at principiagastronomica.com. I love how the pork and the gravy comes out.

To go with it, I made mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and butternut squash soup using a squash a neighbor gave us from his garden.

I also usually wait until it hits between 150 and 160 degrees before taking it out of the oven. I try to take it out prior to 160 degrees though, especially with the smaller roasts. Yesterday's roast was taking out right at 160. I originally planned on taking it out a little sooner based on the links recommendations, but didnt get to it in time. I still came out very juicy.

Here is the link to this wonderful Roast Pork dinner.

When making the beef broth, I tried better than bouillon beef base for the first time. It has 680 mg of sodium per serving. At least its less than the cubes I was using.

I will add recipe link to the butternut squash soup later. The mashed was just russet potatoes boiled in water and than mixed with butter, milk and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment