Tuesday, September 15, 2009

turkey burgers



















Last night I took a frozen turkey burger that I had made a few weeks ago out of the freezer. My friend Kelly gave me a wonderful recipe, however sometimes I switch some of the ingrediants around depending on what I have in the house. Original recipe is:

1lb ground turkey
1 egg
chopped up green onion
chopped up green pepper
spices such as salt and pepper
1/2 cup quaker oats or rolled oats.

mix and form into patties.

Note* Only use about a 1/4 of the pepper. Chopping up the entire pepper would be a bit much for a lb of ground turkey. When cooking the patty, I love to put a slice of american cheese on it, when it's almost ready to take out of the pan.

I have used regular onion instead of green as well as red peppers instead of green.
Even oatbran will do in place of the oats. I had the butternut squash soup leftovers as well.

Also, in the picture, youll see my kids favorite pizza and my cute little pizza plates. I got that idea from my brother kenny many years ago. He is a superior cook/chef and taught me a few tricks when I visited him and his wife in Calafornia years ago.

The kids pizza is just mama marys pizza crusts, what ever sauce I have on hand and grated sharp cheddar cheese. I keep a big block of it in the house for many things. My 2 year old, Chaunda likes it cubed for snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment