Saturday, October 3, 2009

Street Tacos
















You would think that with all the recipes I've collected and tried over the years that I wouldn't always be on the lookout for new ones LOL.

I thought I'd try a different way to serve taco's. I think I still love the American ground beef, seasoned with one of those taco envelopes, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, taco sauce the best. : )

But, I tried these simple street tacos and served it with a refried bean dip and Corn Chips. The dip was refried beans, sourcream and salsa mixed together. I wanted to make an avocado dip, but the avocados were not ripe yet.




I got the idea for the tacos from Kate over at aspoonfulofthyme blog. They first had these taco's in Rosarito, Mexico and I have heard it's pretty common to buy street taco's all over Mexico.



It is just thinly sliced skirt steak, seasoned, cooked and served with fresh cilantro, onions, and salsa. All served on warm tortilla's. I've also read resources recommending marinading skirt steak before cooking.

Thank you Kate for the idea. See
here for her nice description/experience with street tacos.





No comments:

Post a Comment